Global Dignity Day was held for our Hopes Scholarship Students on Saturday November 22nd at the Global Platform of ActionAid! A special thank you to Country Head of Global Dignity Jordan, Amir Shihadeh and Dr. Zeinab Abu Samak.
The concept of Global Dignity includes five principles:
1) Every Human Being has a right to lead a Dignified life.
2) A Dignified Life means an opportunity to fulfill one’s potential, which is based on having a human level of health care, education, income and security.
3) Dignity means having the freedom to make decisions on one’s life and to be met with respect for this right.
4) Dignity should be the basic guiding principle for all actions.
5) Ultimately, our own dignity is interdependent with the dignity of others.
Photos courtesy of Raw Risq Art.
- Date December 25, 2014
- Tags Mentorship, Photography, Students, Training, Workshops